Monday, October 19, 2009

Week of October 12--Kid Flicks

This week I was fortunate to see two movies inspired by books---"Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs--3D" and "Where the Wild Things Are.""
Both movies where for children, but adults will like them, too.
The first film being animated but with great special effects and the last one visually stunning. Cloudy was nothing like the book, it really was just silly. Kids will love it.
But, Wild Things, well-----rarrgh!!! I mean, just how many live action monsters do you know? I particularly loved the voices they gave to the monsters in "Wild Things." You might just recognize a few. The movie was much more than the book, kind of like what happens next to Max.
To rate them, I give Cloudy a **1/2 ----two and a half stars.
Wild Things gets a growling *** three stars.

Next week----Oct. 19, back to scary films----"Paranormal Activity"

1 comment:

  1. hey mom I have a blog now.

    http://moviemavenmemoirs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete